Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Top 25 Albums - Updated List

After going through my singles list, I found that my opinions on my top albums had changed a fair bit in the last year. So I decided to rejig my list and post it again here. I've gone for a picture approach instead, with some extra comments underneath. As I have done with my Singles list, it will also become a page at the top of the blog, with links to all related articles.




 So there is the new list. 6 songs have been replaced, from the likes of Calvin Harris and the Sugababes, Jay-Z's The Black Album replacing his Blueprint 3 in the list. The most obvious change is that we have a new number 1, My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy is undoubtedly Kanye's best album, so it had to beat out 808s. 3 other albums from 2010 make an appearance, Robyn's Body Talk, The-Dream's Love King and Sleigh Bells' Treats, which has continued to be one of my most played records. They also mark the second 'group' to make it onto the list, them and Girls Aloud being the only acts to make it.

GaGa becomes the second artist to have 3 albums on the list, though she has a way to go before bettering Kanye who now has 4 of his albums in the top 10 alone. Born This Way is currently the only album from this year, with James Blake and Watch The Throne only just missing out. Much like my singles list, Bjork makes a splash too. Though her album is lower on the list than her single was, Homogenic has made an incredible impact on me in a short time.

I know that to some these lists may seem ridiculous, but I have thoroughly enjoyed looking back over my life with music and seeing the albums and songs that will always stick with me. I'm already plotting my next list, which will be the most difficult of them all. Expect it in about 6 months time, where I will be looking back on a life full of games and what I truly beleive to be the 25 Best Games.

No comments:

Post a Comment